Despite huge advancements in medical sciences, prevention remains the only long-term solution in the treatment of non-communicable diseases, especially when it comes to cardiometabolic and neurological disorders. Keeping this in mind we have integrated our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiatives under the umbrella of one global project, i.e., Partners in Prevention.
PARTNERS IN PREVENTION
As part of this project, we are collaborating with other partners such as:
- Pakistan Endocrine Society (PES)
- Baqai Institute of Diabetology and Endocrinology (BIDE)
- Pakistan Cardiac Society
- Pakistan Society of Neurology (PSN)
- Pakistan Psychiatric Society (PPS)
- Pakistan Society of Hepatology (PSH)
- Pakistan Society for the Study of Liver Diseases (PSFLD)
- Pakistan Society of Gastroenterology (PSG) and
- South Asian Federation of Endocrine Societies (SAFES)
CCL aims to focus on these issues through:
- Educating healthcare professionals
- Creating mass awareness
- Collaborating with policy makers and medical community
Together CCL and the societies have created many robust outreach and education programs and hosted international scientific conferences that bring together the best minds in these areas to stimulate public policies and regulations.
The project also highlights the importance of active lifestyle and risks of obesity, while continuing to arrest the escalating prevalence, complexity and severity of metabolic disorders.